Team building is an ongoing process that helps a work group evolve into a cohesive unit. The team members not only share expectations for accomplishing group tasks, but trust and support one another and respect one another’s individual differences. Your role as a team builder is to lead your team toward cohesiveness and productivity. A team takes on a life of its own and you have to regularly nurture and maintain it, just as you do for individual employees.
With good team-building skills, you can unite employees around a common goal and generate greater productivity. Without them, you limit yourself and your staff to the effort each individual can make alone. Many leaders say that building and leading teams is their most challenging – and most rewarding – accomplishment.
Building and Leading Teams tracks in TrojanLearn
- Login to TrojanLearn (trojanlearn.usc.edu) using your USC NetID
- Search by the following titles below and click on the title link
- Leadership Advantage: Developing People 2.0
- Leadership Advantage: Building and Leading Teams 2.0
- Register and launch the training