The Management Essentials training program is currently available in a virtual instructor-led format. It covers foundational knowledge critical for all managers, and provides them with a comprehensive and consistent framework for communication and coaching, as well as managing the performance cycle.
Who should participate?
- Staff managers who are newer to managing (generally, less than five years of management experience)
- Any seasoned staff managers who have not previously participated in management training, and believe this foundational knowledge would benefit them
- Participants must have direct reports
- Management Essentials offers a learning experience that allows you to practice, reflect, and adjust the approaches and interventions learned, in real time.
- You’ll learn from managers across various university departments, and be part of a USC manager community.
- By registering (see below), participants are committing to all sessions of the program.
- Participant’s manager must commit to supporting the learning by conducting program-related check-ins to help participants apply skills learned (after each session, participant’s managers are provided with the topics discussed during that session to help facilitate these post-training conversations).
Training topics and cohort dates – 2020
|TOPICS (all sessions 10am-noon)||COHORT 2 – registration deadline July 6||COHORT 3 – registration deadline August 10||COHORT 4 – registration deadline September 2|
|Introduction/Fixed and Growth Mindset||July 16||August 25||September 23|
|Emotional Intelligence||July 30||September 8||October 7|
|Managing Virtual Teams||August 13||September 22||October 21|
|Coaching – part 1||August 27||October 6||November 4|
|Coaching – part 2||September 10||October 20||November 18|
|Managing the Performance Cycle||September 24||November 3||December 2|
|Program Wrap-up||October 8||November 17||December 9|
Visit this direct registration link.
Contact USC Talent and Organizational Development via the HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.